1- Family relationships- I feel that this is the most important because for me, my family is number one. I will not put them second to any job so any job that may require that would not be an option. They are my inspiration for working toward a career.
2- Spritual growth - I put this in the number two spot because my religion and faith is very important to me. I feel without this and my number one, I could never be truely happy.
3- Honesty- Honesty is extremely important and goes for myself being honest and the employer being honest. Honesty is important also in my personal life. As a matter of fact, when my husband and I got serious and began talking about marriage, I explained to him that honesty is very important to me. I hold myself to that standard and expect it form him also. I feel the same way about a job, if my employer lies to its employees I don not want to work for them.
4- Happiness- I must be happy in order to be productive in life and accomplish my goals. If I can not be happy at a job then I will hate going to work everyday.
5- Moral Fulfillment - I must feel that my work supports ideals that are important to me like people's health or safety and honesty. I will not go against my own moral standards to make money.
6- Loyalty- Loyalty is the faithfulness to commitments or obligations that one has. I feel that loyalty is important because without it you can not trust. When looking into different career choices I have talked to people in some of the careers that interest me. I have asked abouit all of the things on the list.
7- Self-improvement- I want to feel good/ better about myself so to improve myself though education is important to me. This is also important in my career choice because I want to feel like it has made me a better person and I can continue to better myself through the career.
8- Concern for others- This is very important to me in my everyday life and because of this I want a career that goes hand and hand with this. It helps me to enjoy a job when I help others.
9- Achievement- I need to feel that I have acheived something with my life. When it comes to my career, I need to feel that I achieved what I wanted by going to school and furthering my education.
10- Financial comfort- It explains itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment