Thursday, August 12, 2010

Star Stories

Give an example of what teamwork means to you.

Situation: I am a mother of three and wife of a man who same as me, both works and goes to school.

Task: Going from me being a stay at home mom to working and attending school outside of the home, we had to figure out how to work together to ensure our family and home did not go without the needed things.

Action: So I decided that a few things had to change. I made up a chore chart and a daily schedule. We had a family meeting and I presented them to everyone, explaining the new process. There were some changes made to it during that meeting and after getting some feedback from my family.

Results: We have been using the schedule and chore chart since then. Although there has been changes made to it and there will be more as we need to, it seems to be working pretty well. We have a clean home and still have time to spend together.

Give me an example of a major challenge that you faced, and how you went about addressing the problem, and how it turned out.

Situation: While working my present sales and customer service job, I got quite a few phone calls from customers who were upset about things ranging from a misunderstanding to a mistake done when ordering and from shipping issues to damaged goods.

Task: One call I received was from a lady who was rather upset about receiving her package, opening it up, and discovering that an item that she “needed” right then was broken.

Action: I apologized to her for the inconvenience and explained that unfortunately sometimes during the transport of the item from the warehouse to the customer, the item had broken. I explained to her that I would be sending out a replacement to her and her shipping on her next order would be free.

Results: She calmed down quickly and thanked me for my help. She then told me that with other companies she has dealt with, she had to jump through hoops to get things fixed that were not her fault.

Describe a past goal and how you achieved it.

Situation: I was a stay at home mom for 6 years. After my husband was laid off he looked and was unsuccessful in finding another job to pay our bills that were becoming past due.

Task: I decided that I would need to look for a job to help out and so we did not lose everything that we had worked for.

Action: I went online to many different job website and searched for anything that I could qualify to do and filled out applications.

Results: I got a phone call about a job. I went to an interview and was one of the 5 hired out of approximately 200 people that interviewed for this position. I now have a job that works with my family’s schedule and is extremely family orientated.

No comments:

Post a Comment